While it is still Spring, take the time to consciously enjoy the season. Listed below are happy, inexpensive ways to move through Spring even if there is a tight budget to stick to.
1. Leave the Internet and all technology inside while you head outdoors. Enjoy the sunshine and the pleasant weather without constant interruptions from cell phones, texts, emails, faxes, tweets, or facebook banter. Take a break from technology and breathe in some fresh air while taking note of activities around the neighborhood. Enjoy being quiet instead of being in an constant multi-tasking mode. In other words take a real break!
2. Enjoy ice cream or deserts with fruit that is in season such as strawberries or peaches. First come, first served! It won't last long...
3. Round up books needed for a spring and summer reading list. Make a reading list but also look for interesting finds to read from yard sales, thrift type stores, etc. There are also good reads to borrow from neighbors, the church library as from the county or city library.
4. Make a list of goals to achieve during the coming summer months. Finalize vacation plans and other loose ends also.
5. Open up the shades and curtains to let the sun shine in. Take advantage of the natural light of the season and the light of extended daylight hours. Opening the curtains and shades vastly changes the feeling and appearance of the house or office for the better.
6. Take advantage of the season to exercise or be more active physically. Shoot some hoops, go for an early Sunday morning walk, or wash the car.
7. Don't miss out on local happenings such as attending local community theater presentations, local school graduations, or church activities. Support the local civic and non-profit organizations by going to fundraisers such as a fish fry, pancake breakfasts, and grill outs where you are fed for a small donation.
See Previous posts also for other inexpensive ideas to enjoy Spring.